Leveling the playing field
The Bowen Family Foundation believes that every traditional and non-traditional student deserves the opportunity to be inspired, to innovate and to further their education, regardless of their social or economic class.
Empowering postsecondary students statewide
We partner with institutions & community agencies across the state of Indiana to provide financial assistance.
We’re building brighter futures
We provide wraparound services inside and outside of the classroom, enabling our Bowen Scholars to thrive. These resources enable students to stay ahead of the game, and challenge the status quo.
Supporting students since 1994
Here’s what some of them have to say:
Apply for scholarships directly through one of our college partners
Bowen Family Foundation, Inc. FAQ
Have questions about the Bowen Family Foundation, Inc.? Click the topics and tabs below to read through our Frequently Asked Questions. Please reference contact information for the institution of your interest for further questions.
What is the Bowen Family Foundation?
- The Bowen Family Foundation, Inc. was established in 1993 as a non-profit 501c3 organization.
What does the BFF Scholarship cover?
- The Bowen Family Foundation, Inc. provides scholarships to underrepresented individuals living in Marion County, Indiana and its surrounding counties. The scholarships are augmented with wrap around services to enhance the student’s experience and encourage retention. Participation in these wrap around services is a requirement of each student.
What are the requirements to be a BFF Scholar?
- Be a member of an underrepresented community
- Resident of Marion County and surrounding counties
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Maintain a 2.3 Cum GPA
- Completed FAFSA
- Preference given to financial need
- Any additional requirements set by partners
Who should I contact for more information?
- Contact our partners for further information on how to apply for a scholarship. Each partner has slightly different deadlines and requirements.
Am I eligible for Bowen Family Foundation Scholarships?
- Yes, if you are a member of an underrepresented community and meet the basic requirements of the foundation. Age is not a requirement. The Foundation has recipients of all ages.
How do I enroll in the Bowen Family Foundation?
- Contact our partners. They are your first line of information.