- African-Americans who have been admitted to Ivy Tech Community College Central Indiana, MedTech, JE Light, IUPUI, Martin University or Vincennes University
- High school graduate or a GED Recipient
- Residents of Marion County
- Completed FAFSA for academic year of enrollment
- Completed Application Packet (Contact college partner for more details)
Application Deadlines – Directly through our College Partners
- January 15 for Vincennes University
- April 1 for the Fall semester for Ivy Tech Community College Central Indiana
- November 1 for the Spring semester for Ivy Tech Community College Central Indiana
- Deadline as specified by MedTech College
- Fall deadline is April 1st for IUPUI
The Selection Process
- The Bowen Scholars Committee will review all applications received by the deadline. Applications will be notified at least one month prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Eligibility for federal and state financial aid will be determined prior to awarding the Bowen Scholarship.
- Bowen Scholars must maintain a minimum of a cumulative 2.0 GPA for continuation in the program.
- Preference will be given to financial need as determined by FAFSA
- Scholarships are renewable for a maximum of 8 semesters as long as a minimum GPA of 2.0 is maintained. For schools on a quarterly system, the same applies.